Certified Equipment & Business Appraisals
First Name: David
Last Name: Felt
Certifications: SBA, AVA, MBA
Address 1: 1652 Pages Place Drive
Zip Code: 84010
Country: United States of America
Phone 1: 801-856-3833
Mr. Felt is certified by the the National Equipment and Business Builders Institute (NEBBI) as a Certified Machinery and Equipment Appraiser (CMEA) and by the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA) as an Accredited Valuation Analyst (AVA).
He has provided formal and informal business, machinery and equipment appraisal services to hundreds of companies during the past thirteen years in a wide variety of industries including automotive sales and services, retail and wholesale supplies and services, manufacturing, transportation, construction companies, professional services and high technology companies.
Based on his many years of experience, he has developed a high regard for America's entrepreneurs and has positioned his expertise in the area of value determination to support their capitalization, operational, and exit strategy requirements. He is often given assignments to provide independent and ethical machinery, equipment and business appraisals to lenders, investors, buyers, sellers and small business owners.
Mr. Felt also believes that all businesses can, and should, become more effective and profitable over time and thereby provide greater value to the entrepreneur. He believes strongly that even small changes in business operations can make a large difference in the profitability and value of a business. His provides services in the following areas:
- Machinery and equipment appraisals
- Due diligence estimates of business value
- Business Valuations
Independent business status assessments covering leadership & organization, product development & operations, sales & marketing, employee development & training, accounting & financial, and, information systems & metrics management
Business Planning (development, capitalization, operational, marketing and exit strategies)
Certifications and Specialized Training
- Certified Machinery and Equipment Appraiser, NEBB Institute, Wichita, KS [Nov '08]
- Senior Business Analyst, Society of Business Analysts, Wichita, KS [Nov 2008]
- Accredited Valuation Analyst, National Association Certified Valuation Analysts, SLC, UT [Aug '03]
- Senior Business Systems Analyst, International Profit Associates, Chicago, IL [Dec '05]
- Business Systems Planning Methodology Analyst, IBM Corporation, San Jose, CA 
- Director of Information Management, US Army, Ft. Ritchie, MD 
- Certified Quality Control Technician, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 
Education and Training
- Masters of Business Administration (Finance, Economics and Organization Management) Utah State U., Logan, Utah 
- Bachelor of Science (Finance) University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 
- Post Masters Graduate Studies: International Economics and Price Theory, Utah State University 
- Telecommunications Management, Golden Gate University, SF, CA 
Summary of Work Experience:
- Business-Value Planners, Bountiful, UT [May 2007 to present]
- Business value analyst and machinery and equipment appraiser providing valuations, appraisals and due diligence appraisals for businesses, machinery and equipment.
- International Profit Associates, Chicago, IL [December 2005 - March 2007]
- Senior business analyst providing comprehensive analysis to small business owners in western and mid-west U. S.
- Gate-Way Capital, Salt Lake City, UT [October 2002 - December 2005]
- Provided business analysis and assistance to business owners for planning and operational performance improvements.
- Intermountain Financial Group, Salt Lake City, UT [February 1996 - October 2002]
- Provided risk management and investment support for individuals and small businesses in Utah.
- U.S. Army Information Systems Command, FT Huachuca, AZ [Jun '91 - Sep '05]
- Deputy Chief of Staff providing management oversight of Army Reserve stratigic information and communications systems.
- Office of the Secretary of Defense, The Pentagon [Mar'88 - May '91]
- Director of the Systems Directorate with responsibility for Reserve components personnel-database policy and reports to the Secretary of Defense, Service secretaries and the Congress.
- Headquarters, Sixth U.S. Army, Presidio of S.F. [Oct '81-Feb '88]
- Deputy Chief of Staff, Information Management with responsibility for information systems for the army headquarters and information management policies and planning for National Guard and Army Reserve units in 15 western states.
Honors and Affiliations
- Member National Equipment and Business Builders Institute (NEBB Institute)
- Member Society of Business Analysts (SBA)
- Member National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- Beta Gamma Sigma (Business Honor Society)
- Honorary Colonels Corps, Utah National Guard
- Vice President Programs, Mountain West Venture Group
- Legion of Merit, U.S. Army (Colonel Retired)