A decisive, dedicated management professional, successful in P/L, operations, sales, marketing, and
business development. A strong planner, organizer, and leader with outstanding analytical and problem solving abilities. Outstanding staff development skills, able to focus inter-departmental energies on company objectives. Adept at budget development and process streamlining for maximum utilization of time, funding, and other resources. Able to achieve business goals within schedule and budget. Solid history of effectiveness in developing business strategies based on market and customer research, product development, and application of products and services to present market needs. A specialist in turnaround operations, able to accurately evaluate operations and reengineer organizational structure for significantly improved productivity. Fluent in English and German; permanent US resident.
Business Development Profit/Loss Management Product Development
Domestic/International Marketing Sales Team Leadership Engineering
Strategic Planning Financial Management Staff Development
Proficiency in all positions and all we do, team oriented organization, customer focused with a continuous improvement mentality to provide exceptional results internally and externally. Key attributes are open communication, culture of encouragement, team and individual recognition, balanced life and balanced business and community approach.
CHV GROUP LLC, BRIGHTON MI 48116 / GREER, SC 29650
Business Services, 2003 – current
· Business Finders – multiple assignments in M&A activity to develop acquisition / divesting strategies and find targets develop financial models and assist in the transaction process. Industries served Waste Water, Water processing, Industrial, Construction and B2B
· Consulting with Equipment installation and Equipment moving company in national strategy, expanding sales and electing regional offices.
· Program with German tier 1 supplier, optimizing their injection molding and automated assembly operation through lean practices. Program included preventative maintenance program, rearranging equipment and installing new Equipment to achieve uptime improvements of more than 20%.
· Project with $ 75 million German tier 1 supplier, establishing a scrap reduction and process improvement program in molding and secondary operations reducing the cost of scrap by $ 1.5 million annually, and outlining the way to further improvement and sustainability with total cost save in excess of $ 3 million including relocation of Equipment, installation of new Equipment and establishing a preventative Maintenance Program.
· Project with $ 10 million European Metal forming company, to lead the market efforts in the US, and rebuilding the sales and service operation. Established service organization to improve customer satisfaction and provided projects for sales in excess of $ 10 million.
· Strategic planning with $ 25 million tube and assembly manufacturing company, establishing growth path through M&A activities to diversify in technology.
MARTINREA INTERNATIONAL, INC., DEXTER, MI
Plant Manager / General Manager, 2002 – 2003; temporary assignment
Selected by corporate management to turn around the Netherlands fuel filler, fuel line, brake line, and aluminum tube manufacturing plant supplying major auto manufacturers such as Ford, Jaguar, Volkswagen, etc. Identified recruited, interviewed, and hired key personnel; restaffed and realigned organizational leadership. Mentored, motivated, and evaluated management staff and provided guidance focused on professional development to strengthen the organization. Directed finance, production, engineering, quality, material control, technical support, and human resources personnel and led a total organization of 150. Developed and administered the annual operating budget and allocated funds for maximum return. Implemented value stream mapping and effective cost control procedures.
· Increased plant output by 25% with a 30% reduction in payroll expenses resulting from job integration and cross-training
· Created improved employee training, material flow, and quality policies to significantly reduce scrap
Page One of Two
MARTINREA INTERNATIONAL, INC., CONTINUED
· Implemented a QOS system, making transparent all critical operating processes and laying the groundwork for improvements in quality and cost reduction
· Converted an €800 (euro) annual loss into a €1.3M profit within 15 month
Director of International Business Development, 1999 – 2002
Managed all European, Asia Pacific, and South American sales and marketing initiatives for a tier one automotive supplier. Guided six global representatives in developing new relationships and capitalizing on international market opportunities – provided training in the areas of product knowledge, marketing technique, and proven presentation and negotiating skills. Identified market needs, conducted feasibility/profitability studies, and worked with engineering to develop products for lucrative market niches and new applications for existing product lines.
· Successfully opened the Korean, German, French, Italian, and Luxembourg automotive markets as well as South America; closed deals with Hyundai, Daewoo, PSA, Renault, and Volkswagen
· Maintained existing customer base
· Doubled total annual sales
Strategic Planner, 1998 – 1999
· Analyzed business, sales, and operations performance in detail. Made recommendations to executive management to follow a consolidation strategy by lowering operating expenses and maximizing capital to secure future growth.
NORMA PRODUCTS (US), INC., FARMINGTON HILLS, MI / WINDSOR, ONT
General Manager, 1993 – 1998
Assigned to convert loss to profitability for the US subsidiary of a German hose clamp manufacturer by creating a new business strategy and refocusing corporate activities and organizational structure. Added quality sales/marketing staff and revamped the technical support, customer service, engineering, quality control, financing, and warehousing organizations. Developed business and established tier 1 and tier 2 relationships with the big three domestic auto manufacturers. Diversified into the hose, tubing, and connector product lines in partnership with the Mother Company and sub-suppliers.
· Expanded the product portfolio to increase business with existing customers and created new partnerships in tubing manufacturing and sales to capture a larger market share
· Increased sales from $900k to $3M within one year; $15M in five years
· Started in strategic planning and market development and advanced to GM within six months
EMS AMERICAN GRILON, INC., SUMTER, SC
Sales/Marketing Manager, 1989 – 1993
Restructured sales territories and developed new opportunities for the engineering resin market.
· Maximized business with existing customers and initiated profitable relationships with Siecor, Ericsson, ITT, Pilot Industries, and TI Automotive
Sales Manager, EMS Chemie Deutschland, Cologne, Germany, 1987 – 1989
Responsible for engineering thermoplastic resins and providing sales strategies and leadership for outside sales staff.
· Built the customer base, developed new strategies, and realigned sales staff
· Increased annual sales revenues from 30 - 55 Deutschmarks within 18 months
Product Marketing Manager, Chur, Switzerland, 1986 – 1987
Developed and implemented global marketing concepts and product assortment, and provided engineering support.
· Developed and implemented a marketing plan, including budget and media control, gaining the trust of the global sales organization as a credible and successful supporter to open new accounts.
· Established product approvals with telecommunications market leaders and fiber optic manufacturers.
SYMALIT AG, CELLPACK AG
Engineering (Product and Process) Plastic Companies 1978 - 1986
Various positions in Engineering, Process development and process enhancements, Fluor Polymers and Carbon / Glass composites, including know how transfer US – Europe, green site plant development for GMT products.
Journeyman (toolmaker, plant and facilities Management) 1972 - 1978
APPRENTICESHIP AS TOOLMAKER, LANDIS AND GYR, SWITZERLAND
OEKREAL (NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY), ZURICH, SWITZERLAND
· BBA, Marketing/Management, 1982
ATIS TECHNICAL SCHOOL, LUCERNE, SWITZERLAND
· BS, Mechanical/Process Engineering, 1977
MUNICH TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, MUNICH, GERMANY
· Transfer Centrum for Production, Logistics, and Technology Management, 2002
PILOT INDUSTRIES, INC., DEXTER, MI
· Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing Training, 2002
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, ANN ARBOR, MI
· Mergers and Acquisitions, 2001
· Leadership Training, 2000
Anton J. Koechli, Page Two of Two